Leather is a classic material, known for its flexibility and durability. It should last a lifetime – that is if you care for it properly and give your leather some love. The better you care for your leather, the longer it will last and the better it will look. It is best to keep your leather away from heat. Heat causes leather to become brittle and causes cracks and deterioration. You should store your leather in a cool dry place when not in use, preferably in the specially selected dust bag provided. Be careful not to store your leather in a humid area or basement as this could encourage the growth of mildew. Remember, your leather needs ventilation just like you! Overstuffing your purse can cause the leather to lose its shape so overstuffing should be avoided. Each purse has been selected with you in mind and we are proud of the uniqueness and authenticity of our products. We want you to enjoy your quality leather for years to come!
Tips on caring for your YAKI Designer Handbags (Geniune /Cowhide Leather):
- Handle leather handbags with clean hands. Leather bags are susceptible to absorbing grease and oils. Wipe the surface of a leather tote with a damp white cotton cloth, but be careful not to use too much water, because leather takes time to dry.
- Apply a cleaner specially made for leather.
- Moisturize your bag with a leather conditioner to keep it supple. Do not use a conditioner on patent leather purses.
- Remove stains as soon as you notice them.
- Stuff your unused bag with bubble wrap to restore and hold its shape. Store your leather purse in a dust bag or natural-fabric pillowcase. If you’ve just cleaned the bag, allow it to air dry completely before storage. If you’re storing long-term, ease open the buckles and straps so impressions are released. This helps to avoid rubbing or permanent creases in unwanted areas.
- Clean suede bags with a suede brush.
- Avoid cleaning products with alcohol, turpentine or other mineral spirits as they will discolor and dry out leather.
- Never allow water to soak into your bag. If the bag gets wet, do not use a hair dryer on it. Instead, absorb as much water as possible with a thick microfiber hand towel and allow the bag to air dry. Then, condition it again and store it.
- Take extra special care of your bag at hair salons and keep it away from coloring solutions, hair sprays and other hair products.
- Waxes or silicone products clog up leather pores and may render them unable to be cleaned in the future.